Our mission, although uniquely expressed through the particular vision we have been given, is that same as every other congregation—to preach the gospel to every creature and to make disciples. Mk. 16:15-18; Matt. 28:19, 20. Parents reproduce and then ‘make disciples’ of themselves, through wise parenting. Every struggle and challenge that parents face, is mirrored in the mission of the local church as it seeks to establish disciples. God has challenged us to express His love and power in various ways:
- Sending apostolic mission teams to other nations to strengthen and help establish the work of God there—not to own those works or ‘franchise’ them but to facilitate their own unique expression of grace. Acts 13:1-6.
- Connecting with other parts of the Body of Christ, locally and nationally and internationally that the power of unity might be released and Christ revealed. Ps. 133:1-3.
- Training leaders in a local church setting in a way that will enable them to work for a lifetime with other leaders in humility and wisdom and grace. Mk. 3:14; 2 Tim. 2:2; 2 Tim.4:11.
- Restoring the ‘ruins’ – the places of dysfunction in families, to wholeness, vitality and great fruitfulness. Isa. 44:26; Isa. 51:3; Isa. 61:4.
- Giving our ‘bread’ to those who are literally hungry and those that are spiritually anaemic…locally and internationally. Isa. 58:6-12.
- Establishing the culture of the supernatural as a ‘norm’ for everyday living in responding to all of life. Acts 2:22; 2 Cor. 12:12.
- Establishing worship as a ‘place of exchange’ – the exaltation of the person of Christ, leading to ‘grace flowing to us and through us,’ to our needy world. Heb. 4:16--The communion of our prayer and worship providing our internal instruction for living and our supernatural grace-giving to others.
- Inspiring the next generations to live in godliness, power, wisdom and unwavering character for their own secured ‘Christ.’ (children and youth). Gen. 9:12; Ex. 3:15; Ex. 27:21.
- Changing the perceived ‘standard’ for old age living. Isa. 46:4; Ps. 92:12-14.